LaGrange, Illinois Construction Litigation Attorneys
Whether you’re involved in a simple home remodel or complex commercial construction, disputes can cost you time and money, rob you of the enjoyment of your property, and seriously threaten your business. For more than 20 years, Thomas T. Boundas & Associates has helped clients who were mired in controversy get relief and move their projects forward.
We represent clients involved in all aspects of construction, including homeowners and homeowner associations, businesses, general contractors, subcontractors, developers, lenders, bond and surety companies, design professionals, and suppliers of materials. We negotiate, arbitrate, mediate and litigate cases arising from:
- Breach of contract
- Construction bond claims
- Construction defect
- Construction delay
- Home improvement
- Mechanics liens and material mans liens
- Property, land use and zoning
- Public bidding
- Residential Construction Liability Act (RCLA)
- Right of way
- Subcontractor performance
Thorough investigation by knowledgeable professionals
Establishing fault in construction cases often requires specialized knowledge of industry practices and standards. Our team includes qualified experts commonly used in construction defect cases, including general contractors, structural engineers, soil engineers, geotechnical engineers, statisticians and architects. We employ state-of-the-art diagnostics and analyses to fortify your case.
Mediation and arbitration services
Often parties can avoid expense and delay by mediating disputes about provisions in construction contracts. Moreover, many construction contracts have clauses that require non-binding or binding arbitration to resolve disputes. At Thomas T. Boundas & Associates our attorneys have experience representing parties at arbitration and mediation proceedings. We often negotiate lasting solutions that save our clients time and money and allow them to get their projects back on track.
Fair and just compensation
If you have been harmed by a construction defect or a contractor or subcontractor’s failure to perform, you are entitled to ample compensation covering:
- Actual damages, including the past and future costs of repairing and restoring your damaged property, and any contents damaged due to the defect (such as water damage caused by faulty plumbing)
- Compensation for the loss of the use and enjoyment of your property, including inconvenience, aggravation, and discomfort
- Compensation for appraisal fees, storage charges and cleaning costs incurred
- Compensation for the reasonable cost of rental of similar property during periods when your property could not be used
- Under limited circumstances, exemplary or punitive damages, intended to punish a defendant and deter particularly malicious or reckless conduct in the future
- Interest on your damages as permitted by law
- Attorney fees and costs if provided for in your contract
Contact a LaGrange, Illinois construction litigation law firm today
Every moment of delay is costing you money. To assert your rights in your construction dispute, call Thomas T. Boundas & Associates in La Grange at 708-352-4400 or contact our office online.
We’re ready with cost-effective legal counsel that will resolve your controversy and improve your bottom line.